Webolutions, The Strategic Marketing Agency, was founded in Denver in November, 1994. This month, Webolutions celebrated its 18th birthday at the downtown Denver Mariott as finalists in the Denver Business Journal’s annual Best Place to Work selection.
“Fostering a culture where team members can reach their goals in life and have fun at work is fundamental to how we believe all companies can become more successful,” said Webolutions founder and CEO John Vachalek.
Webolutions company culture includes quarterly Relationship Updates with the CEO and:
- An employee-driven Culture Committee which plans company events
- An annual Holiday Pajama Party
- An annual White Water Rafting Adventure
- Monthly events ranging from happy hours and kickball games to on-site professional massages and painting parties.
- Employee-driven and maintained “lunch club”
Employee perks include:
- Full-time access to a gym and racquetball court
- Gift cards on birthdays and anniversaries
- Breakfast provided each Tuesday, including an “International Breakfast” once per month in which three employees create an experience for the office. The company then takes those three employees out for breakfast.
- An open office environment featuring a ping-pong table
In addition to providing expert marketing speakers for SCORE, the South Metro Denver Small Business Development Center and regional colleges and universities, Webolutions supports employee-selected charitable causes including the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Colorado, the Comitis Crisis Center in Aurora and youth athletic programs.
“There are a lot more people doing Internet marketing today than there were in 1994,” said Vachalek, “so we have to keep learning, working hard and producing results. To do that, we need great people. I can honestly say our team helps me look forward to spending time at Webolutions every day.”