Client Name: Fossil Trace Golf Club
Client Website URL: www.FossilTrace.com
Project Type: New Responsive Website Creation
Fossil Trace Golf Club is one of Colorado’s premier golf courses designed by renowned golf course architect Jim Engh. Located in Golden, Colorado – Fossil Trace Golf Club is nestled adjacent to the foothills of the Rocky Mountain Front Range and only 15 minutes from downtown Denver.
In its short history, the golf course has enjoyed tremendous success and is considered one the finest golf courses and golf experiences available in Denver and all of Colorado. Most recently, Westword Magazine named Fossil Trace as “Best Golf Course in Denver” for the second time.
Specific Project Goals & Challenges
- Create a design to showcase the unique experience and beautiful scenery of Fossil Trace Golf Club
- Create a responsive website design that appeals to people looking to play golf in the Denver area
- Organize content in a way that is very easy for users to navigate and understand
- Create content that is useful to golfers and potential visitors
Highlighted Solutions – This Website has the following Features and Functions:
- Photo Graphic Mega Menu – Each of the main navigation items has the ability to include an image that represents that section of the website – editing these images is a breeze
- Experience Slides – Throughout the site on the right hand side of the screen (desktop version) you will see a button with the word “Experience”, if you click on this a large “Experience Slider” will display. Users can click through or view the scrolling images. These high resolution images help showcase the unique experience Fossil Trace offers
- Course Holes – This section was specially designed to show all of the unique information about each course hole. Each hole has a main image, when the user clicks on one, they are taken to a page with more information on that particular hole including images and videos.
- Course 360 – Click on this and you can view the entire golf course in a 360 view
- Galleries – Ability to create as many photo galleries as desired
- Staff Profiles– This custom content type makes it easy for site admins to add new staff members to the site at any time. This gives the ability to add a photo and bio for each staff member, each with their own unique page on the website.
- Hover Over Portal Areas – There are three portal areas on the homepage, when a user hovers over them, information displays with a link to an interior page in the site. Site admins can change the image, text, link, overlay color and which direction the slide over will go
- Custom Page Templates – Customized page templates allow some interior pages to look more like landing pages with a large custom image and the ability to add useful links to anything in the site
- Do Great Things – This blog section is organized into several topics relating to the golf club and neat things Fossil Trace does in the community
- Headlines Slider Area – This section of the website neatly displays accolades Fossil Trace has received – automatically scrolls through and users can also click through
- Share Your Experience – This form makes it easy for users to share experiences about their time at the golf club
- Responsive Site Design which provides resolution specific viewing and functionality experience on tablets and mobile phones
- An easy to use Content Management System (CMS), which utilizes our Enhanced WordPress Platform™. This allows the ability to add new site pages, edit content, edit images & videos, edit forms and control all aspects of the site. It also seamlessly incorporates many key WordPress Plugins that greatly expand the functionality of these base tools.
- Links to all social media channels – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Social Sharing – This functionality is very simple for users to share content via their own social media networks
Please let us know what you think. We look forward to hearing from you!! Learn more about our golf course and resort website design expertise.