Denver marketing agency Webolutions has been selected to create and implement an Internet marketing strategy for the American Lung Association in Colorado’s 2014 Run the ‘Rocks 5K. The annual Run the ‘Rocks 5K is the only 5K at Denver’s landmark Red Rocks Amphitheater. The solution integrates a mosaic of tactics to provide maximum exposure with a limited budget.
Webolutions has also been named the first-ever Inspirational Sponsor for the event.
Client Name: American Lung Association in Colorado
Project Type: Internet marketing strategy and implementation
For 100 years, the American Lung Association in Colorado has been the lead organization working to prevent lung disease and promote lung health. Lung disease death rates continue to increase while other leading causes of death have declined. The American Lung Association in Colorado funds vital research on the causes of and treatments for lung disease. With the generous support of the public, the American Lung Association in Colorado is “Fighting for Air.”
Project Goal: Increase registrations for the 2014 event.
- Limited budget
- Lack of substantial history in using online marketing to promote the Denver-area event
- Disparate, nascent social media presence
- Search Engine Marketing – A Webolutions Google Adwords Certified expert worked with the American Lung Association in Colorado to acquire $10,000 in advertising dollars through the Google Grants program. Webolutions performed keyword research and online competitive research to create an Internet marketing strategy to promote the event to Denver-area runners.
- Social Media Asset Creation & Optimization – The client had established a Facebook Group for the event and was using it effectively as a communications tool, but Facebook Groups are extremely limited for marketing and advertising purposes. Webolutions worked with the client, using Webolutions’ social media optimization best practices, to create an engaging and conversion-oriented Facebook Page and Twitter account for the event. These assets will be permanent parts of the annual event’s strategies and tactics. The Facebook Page acquired approximately 900 likes in its first month.
- Social Media Content Consulting – The hands-on social media community engagement and management is conducted on an ongoing basis by the client with consulting support from Webolutions’ dedicated Social Media Strategist. Webolutions conducted social media influencer research and Hashtag research and incorporated findings into a content calendar through which the social media content publishing plan is managed. Webolutions also worked with the client to design a high-level outreach strategy for LinkedIn.
- Social Media Advertising – Webolutions designed campaigns on Facebook and Twitter for Run the ‘Rocks, leveraging the newly-created social media assets and content. In its first week, the Twitter campaign generated 160 engagements at a per engagement cost of less than $0.40.
- Online Display Advertising – Webolutions negotiated placement for online banner advertising on the home page for a Denver TV station.
- Web Analytics – Webolutions provides detailed monitoring, compilation and expert analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the Internet marketing campaigns. Webolutions created a file sharing system for the campaign and conducts regular meetings with the client to maximize the client’s Return on Investment (ROI) to exchange perspectives and continually improve results.
Webolutions also chose to participate in the 2014 Run the ‘Rocks as a sponsor and stated its goal to field one of the largest racing teams at the event. Please join us in supporting the American Lung Association in Colorado and enjoy a Webolutions VIP experience! To get started, visit our Webolutions Revolutions Facebook group.