As Internet search and social media become increasingly integrated, so does the importance of Social Media Optimization (SMO) – optimizing your social media assets for Internet social networks.
Social Media Optimization helps grow your business by:
- Increasing lifetime connections to an interested audience
- Improving your company’s position on Internet search engines
- Presenting your company in the best light
Webolutions’® Results Driven Media™ approach to Social Media Optimization begins, ideally, with a Social Media Marketing Strategy Plan. The Social Media Marketing Strategy Plan identifies how to maximize the “viral” reach of your content within Internet social networks:
- The timing of your social posts. The marketable life of a post on Facebook is less than three hours—the marketable life of a tweet is much less. When is your audience most likely to be engaged?
- Which topics relevant to your product or service offering generate the greatest amount of interest and conversation online.
- Influencers and which ones are best to target for messaging and relationship building within specific subject matters.
- What content substance and types (text, images, videos) are most likely to be consumed and shared by these influencers.
- On what channels (Internet social networks, blogs, online forums, video and image sharing sites, mainstream media) these influencers and conversations occur.
SMO includes employing keywords (identified through SEO, search engine optimization) effectively on your social media assets, integrating those assets with each other and with other Web assets such as your Website, Google Maps listing, blog, RSS feed and social bookmarking. Keyword Research, Content Development and a Social Media Strategy Plan are helpful components.
Responding to online comments is another aspect of SMO. As with Online Reputation Management (ORM), the timing and “voice” of an online response is critical. The Social Media Marketing Strategy Plan details the entire process by which these responses are channeled and implemented.
Effective complementary tactics to SMO include:
- Content Development
- Local Online Marketing
- Online Reputation Management
- Social Media Listening
- Social Media Fan Acquisition
Improve your Social Media Marketing ROI with a strategic approach to Social Media Optimization. Contact Webolutions today for a Free Online Marketing Evaluation.