Local SEO is a cost-effective way for a local business with a physical address to:
- Get on Page 1 of search engine (Google, Yahoo, Bing) results.
- Compete with larger businesses online
- Broaden the reach of its website by acquiring listings in local and industry directories.
Local Search Marketing is a component of local search engine optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM). Most easily recognized by the red “thumbtacks” or “balloons” next to the “A to G” local block of search results. The acquisition and optimization of listings on online directories such as Yahoo! Local, Bing Places for Business, Google Places, Google Plus, Yelp, YellowPages.com and countless others puts your website and marketing message in front of targeted, purchase-oriented Internet searchers while strengthening the overall search rank of your website.
Often, online directories create a listing for a business without notifying the business. The opportunity for the business is to claim and optimize the listings. Because Internet algorithms are easily confused, even slight differences in the way a business is referred to online may result in duplicate listings, which are bad for search rank and lead generation. Webolutions helps our clients by prioritizing, claiming, merging (where appropriate) and optimizing all existing listings.
Because local search results are emphasized by search engines returning results to smartphone and tablet users, Local Search Marketing is an essential component for mobile marketing. Mobile searchers are transactional searchers: The goal for the vast majority of mobile searches is to find a local business in the immediate vicinity that can fulfill an immediate need.
Webolutions is a Yext Certified Local Search Optimization Partner, offering PowerListings as part of our proven local search marketing system. Yext is location management software enabling Webolutions to provide:
- Guaranteed Presence – Your optimized content will appear on over 40 high priority Internet directories.
- Rich Listings – Changes to your photos, videos and important contact information will be instantaneous on over 40 high priority Internet directories.
- Content Lists – Some directories allow detailed information such as menus, staff bios, lists of products and services. These lists can be integrated with your company’s Facebook Page, increasing its marketability and enriching the visitor experience with custom tabs.
- Review Tracking – Accelerate and optimize responses to online comments with alerts and Webolutions’ proven P.L.E.A.S.E. Online Reputation Management (ORM) system.
- No Upsell – Once a business claims the free listing on many directories, they start receiving hard-sell phone calls about upgrading to paid listings. The cost for these paid listings can be hundreds of dollars a month for a single directory! Webolutions’ system minimizes those calls and gives the business a fast, easy and effective redirect for the few that do come, for a similar price point that encompasses a large and ever-growing number of directories.
Get your local business on Page 1! Contact Webolutions today for a free Internet marketing analysis.