Responsibility – Mike takes psychological ownership of what he says he will do. He is committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.
Achiever – Mike has a great deal of stamina and works hard. He takes great satisfaction from being busy and productive.
Arranger – Mike can organize and has a flexibility complementing this ability. He sees how all available resources can fit together for maximum productivity.
General Background & Current Responsibilities
Mike first joined Webolutions in 2010, and is thrilled to return in a new role. Mike’s 20+-year career in media and marketing includes experience with enterprise organizations, established SMB’s, national franchise, and emerging start-ups. He is a professional speaker and a member of the Internet Marketing Association. Mike holds an Executive MBA and a BA in Mass Communications and Political Science from the University of Denver. He was Denver’s first Certified HootSuite Professional, and is certified in inbound marketing, business coaching, local search optimization, and beer. Yes, beer. Seriously.
Mike has run for public office, and served as an instructor at the University of Denver, leading Master’s degree courses in Advanced Search Marketing and Digital Campaign Management as part of the New Media and Internet Marketing specialty in the school’s Master’s of Professional Services (MPS) Organizational and Professional Communication program. Honors include an Award of Excellence from the Adjutant General of the Colorado National Guard, presented for Mike’s service as an adviser to the Kingdom of Jordan.
In his current capacity, Mike leads development of new markets for Webolutions, and formulating custom solutions for our clients. Mike’s knowledge of Webolutions’ systems and his diverse experience in brand development, lead generation, and data analysis provide Webolutions and its clients with unique and powerful advantages.
Mike lives in Centennial, Colorado, with his wife, two children and two dogs. He enjoys family, fitness, sports, and travel. When he grows up he wants to play third base for the New York Yankees.
“There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect.” – R. Reagan
2017 to Present – Director of Marketing and Business Development, Webolutions
2015 to 2017 – Executive Vice President of Marketing and Brand Development, Growler USA® – America’s Microbrew Pub
2010 to 2015 – Director of New Media Strategies, Webolutions
2012 to 2015 – Adjunct Faculty, University of Denver
2008 to 2010 – Independent Marketing Consultant
1999 to 2008 – General Manager, Marketing Communications, DISH Network®
- Organizer and presenter for one of the top ten Business & Social Networking Meetups in the world, 2009 – 2015
- Chair, Centennial (Colorado) Business Coalition, 2011 – 2013
- Board of Directors / Webmaster, Mountain High Swim League, 2012 – 2014
- Candidate for City Council, Centennial, Colorado, 2013
- Board of Directors, Southglenn Country Club, 2012-2013
- Director & President Emeritus, Southglenn Gators nonprofit youth athletic organization, 2005 – 2012
- Membership Advisory Board, South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce, 2010 – 2012
- Director, Daniels College of Business Executive MBA Alumni Association, 2009
Selected Awards and Achievements
- Designed, Produced and Directed the first (and second) convergence of live satellite broadcasting, digital projection and High Definition TV (2001)
- Certificate of Appreciation, Mayor of Denver (1998)
- South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce A.C.E. Award (2009)
- Member of the Year, Southglenn Country Club (2010)
Fun Facts about Mike
- Been evacuated from his home due to a forest fire (2003)
- Survived nights in Paris and Las Vegas without a hotel room
- Drank a beer on the Great Wall of China (2007)
- Raised a record amount of money for a charitable cause as Sigma Chi Derby Daddy (1992)