International Breakfast July 2011: New England
07/12/2011 @ 8:00 AM - 07/12/2011 @ 12:00 AM
Each month, a different group of Webolutions team members get together to make breakfast for everyone else. We dine together and try to not talk shop for a half hour. Each event carries a different theme. This month, it's New England. The next time you're looking for a new breakfast experience, try this one on for size.
And if you're looking for experiential marketing ideas, contact us!
Steak and Eggs Breakfast Casserole
- 2 lbs sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package English muffins, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, shredded (calls for Monterey Jack-Colby cheese blend)
- 1 (8 ounce) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Fresh oregano (optional)
Prep Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 1 3/4 hrs
- In large bowl, combine steak, salt and pepper, tossing gently to coat.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add steak; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic, onion and bell pepper; cook for 4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- In 3-quart baking dish, place English muffins evenly over bottom.
- Top with steak mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheeses and Italian seasoning.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half and milk until smooth; pour over casserole.
- Cover, and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Remove casserole from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake casserole for 1 hour and 10-20 minutes, or until eggs are set in center.
- Cover with aluminum foil, if necessary, to prevent excess browning.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Enjoy!Back To Events