- 6.19.13 - Denver Social Media: Marketing Opportunity in Paid YouTube Channels?
- 6.5.13 - Experiential Marketing: Great Info Yields Great Results with QR Codes
- 6.5.13 - Current Marketing Trends- Content Marketing is a Must
- 6.4.13 - Webolutions Analytics: Measuring Online Presence & Effectiveness Over Time
- 5.22.13 - Denver Social Media Marketing Group Adds Advertising to Social Media Strategy Plans
- June 2013 (4)
- May 2013 (6)
- April 2013 (5)
- March 2013 (8)
- February 2013 (6)
- January 2013 (7)
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (7)
- October 2012 (5)
- September 2012 (8)
- August 2012 (6)
- July 2012 (7)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (5)
- April 2012 (10)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (6)
- January 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (4)
- November 2011 (5)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (4)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (3)
- June 2011 (6)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (6)
- March 2011 (6)
- February 2011 (5)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (4)
- November 2010 (9)
- October 2010 (2)
- September 2010 (2)
- August 2010 (2)
- July 2010 (6)
- April 2010 (4)
- March 2010 (9)
- February 2010 (3)
- January 2010 (1)
- December 2009 (5)
- November 2009 (5)
- October 2009 (1)
- September 2009 (7)
- August 2009 (7)
- July 2009 (4)
- May 2009 (3)
- April 2009 (4)
- August 2008 (1)
- November 2007 (1)
- October 2007 (3)
Go Green and Save Your Business Money
Amy Martinez - 12.21.2009 4:00 PM
Greening your business is easier than you think. By doing a few small things you can save energy and resources and save your company money.
The economic and business climate has changed over the past few years. Much emphasis has been placed on the downward spiraling economy and how this affects business owners today. Many small businesses and even corporations are closing their doors after years of hard work and dedication. There are several small steps your business can take to save a few dollars here and there; this will help improve your bottom line.
There has also been a lot of talk this year about “going green." Many people do not know if simple things they do will make a difference. The answer is yes, it will make a difference. Doing something small to save resources or money is just as important as things large corporations can do. Sometimes being more resourceful, reusing resources you already have, or making your company more efficient is all you need to do to save a little green.
Being environmentally conscious and resourceful is not a trend. This way of thinking will help us build a more sustainable future and economy, and will be better for all of us in the long run. Do not be afraid to learn more about the options available to you. There is no need to be overwhelmed with all of the things you can do. Just know that you do not need to do everything at once, and each little thing you do will help.
Here are a few tips to save your company money while making an effort to save resources:
- Send out an eNewsletter instead of expensive print copies.
- Email invoices instead of sending them via postal mail.
- Replace some face to face meetings with Webinars or conference calls.
- Purchase some items in bulk (paper towels, office supplies, light bulbs.)
- Replace your regular light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Start a carpool at your office with employees who live near each other.
- Unplug electronics when not in use.
- Turn off the lights when not using them.
- Buy food and supplies that are produced locally.
Why is this relevant to your business?
Even if your company is doing really well during these challenging times it is always a good idea to plan ahead. Doing a few things to save resources now will save you money in the long run. If you implement a few small changes in your business operation, this will allow you to spend more on other budgeted items like payroll, creating a memorable experience for your clients and employees and expanding your service offerings.
What is Webolutions doing to be green, sustainable and profitable?
Webolutions has implemented a variety of “green practices” over the last few years. We believe it is important to be knowledgeable about marketing trends and creating memorable experiences internally and externally. We also understand how important it is to implement sustainable business practices.
Here are a few of the things we are doing at Webolutions to be more resourceful:
- Send out eNewsletters instead of printing copies.
- Have meetings over the phone and via the Web when appropriate to do so.
- Invoices sent via email instead of sending them via postal mail.
- Ability for all employees to work from home when necessary.
- Turn off electronics and lights when not in use.
- Keep lights off on summer days when natural light is in abundance.
- Keep heat down.
- Print as little as possible.
- Take our documents to meetings on thumb drives instead of always printing documents to hand out.
- Company carpool – to work and to company events.
- Recycle plastic, paper, cans, bottles and ink cartridges.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Lunch club – small group takes turns making lunch for the team. Cook once, eat twice, save energy and time.
- Purchasing items in bulk to save trips to the store and resources on packaging.
It is important to us at Webolutions to plan for the future of our company and to implement sustainable business practices that will make us more efficient and effective in what we do.
What steps are you taking to make sure your company is green and sustainable?
Posted in Marketing Trends »
0 Responses to "Go Green and Save Your Business Money"