- 6.19.13 - Denver Social Media: Marketing Opportunity in Paid YouTube Channels?
- 6.5.13 - Experiential Marketing: Great Info Yields Great Results with QR Codes
- 6.5.13 - Current Marketing Trends- Content Marketing is a Must
- 6.4.13 - Webolutions Analytics: Measuring Online Presence & Effectiveness Over Time
- 5.22.13 - Denver Social Media Marketing Group Adds Advertising to Social Media Strategy Plans
- June 2013 (4)
- May 2013 (6)
- April 2013 (5)
- March 2013 (8)
- February 2013 (6)
- January 2013 (7)
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (7)
- October 2012 (5)
- September 2012 (8)
- August 2012 (6)
- July 2012 (7)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (5)
- April 2012 (10)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (6)
- January 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (4)
- November 2011 (5)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (4)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (3)
- June 2011 (6)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (6)
- March 2011 (6)
- February 2011 (5)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (4)
- November 2010 (9)
- October 2010 (2)
- September 2010 (2)
- August 2010 (2)
- July 2010 (6)
- April 2010 (4)
- March 2010 (9)
- February 2010 (3)
- January 2010 (1)
- December 2009 (5)
- November 2009 (5)
- October 2009 (1)
- September 2009 (7)
- August 2009 (7)
- July 2009 (4)
- May 2009 (3)
- April 2009 (4)
- August 2008 (1)
- November 2007 (1)
- October 2007 (3)
Denver Social Media Marketing: Advertising on Internet Social Networks
Mike Hanbery - 7.24.2012 8:00 AM
The July, 2012, conversation at Denver’s premier social media marketing for business group centered on Advertising on Internet social networks.
Most of the conversation focused on Facebook. Attendees whose businesses had experimented with Facebook ads varied from a local martial arts studio to a major homeschool curriculum company.
Discussion points included whether business should start with a clicks- or impressions-based campaign and how those differed; what element of building the campaign struck each advertiser (targeting!) and the immediate goal of the advertising campaign (more likes!) The option of using Facebook Sponsored Stories was also discussed.
Also discussed were tips on social media optimization (SMO) and conversions in social media advertising. In other words, when people click on the ad, how can businesses influence them to take the next desired action? Generating clicks costs money and is pointless unless businesses are moving customers from interest to conversion. "Like gating" and custom Facebook landing pages (apps) were two specific tips offered to increase conversions.
The group discussed several elements for success in social media advertising:
Clearly define the results you expect to achieve.
- More connections
- Brand engagement
- Awareness, Referrals
- Email addresses
Clearly define the key personas you wish to influence.
- Who are they?
- Why would they care about what you have to say?
- What can add to their lives?
- How can you stand out?
Clearly define your brand experience.
- What do you want to convey?
- What experience do you want people to have with you?
Select imagery that appeals to your key personas and conveys your brand experience.
Make your campaign dynamic.
- Make multiple ads and rotate them.
- Test different messages, images, headlines, ad copy and calls to action.
Monitor and measure results frequently. Make adjustments.
Create specific landing pages (custom tabs), preferably within the social network, to increase conversions.
Additional information made available to the group included a guide to social media advertising.
The entire business community is welcome to join Social Marketing for Business – Join the Conversation! There is no cost to attend and breakfast is provided, including gourmet coffee from Peet’s Coffee SouthGlenn and delicious treats from My Favorite Muffin. The group meets the third Friday of every month at the South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce.
Check out what others are saying about the group:
- “Valuable information in an upbeat, positive setting.” – Amy G.
- “I [now] have a better understanding of the direction of social media.” – Regina S.
Join us at these upcoming events!
- Friday, August 17, 2012: What Does Social Media ROI Really Mean?
- Friday, September 21, 2012: Creating a Social Media Action Plan / 3 Year Celebration Party!
Posted in Social Marketing »
0 Responses to "Denver Social Media Marketing: Advertising on Internet Social Networks"