- 5.22.13 - Denver Social Media Marketing Group Adds Advertising to Social Media Strategy Plans
- 5.15.13 - Denver Social Media: Advertising on Twitter Now Accessible for Smaller Businesses
- 5.14.13 - Current Marketing Trends - Humanize Your Business
- 5.11.13 - Facebook Gets A New Look (Again)
- 5.3.13 - A Child's Experience at a Day in the Life of Dad
- May 2013 (6)
- April 2013 (5)
- March 2013 (8)
- February 2013 (6)
- January 2013 (7)
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (7)
- October 2012 (5)
- September 2012 (8)
- August 2012 (6)
- July 2012 (7)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (5)
- April 2012 (10)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (6)
- January 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (4)
- November 2011 (5)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (4)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (3)
- June 2011 (6)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (6)
- March 2011 (6)
- February 2011 (5)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (4)
- November 2010 (9)
- October 2010 (2)
- September 2010 (2)
- August 2010 (2)
- July 2010 (6)
- April 2010 (4)
- March 2010 (9)
- February 2010 (3)
- January 2010 (1)
- December 2009 (5)
- November 2009 (5)
- October 2009 (1)
- September 2009 (7)
- August 2009 (7)
- July 2009 (4)
- May 2009 (3)
- April 2009 (4)
- August 2008 (1)
- November 2007 (1)
- October 2007 (3)
Denver Social Media for Business Group Sets Goals, Curriculum for 2013
Mike Hanbery - 1.24.2013 10:51 AM
At the January 18, 2013, Social Marketing for Business - Join the Conversation, group organizers laid out plans and the corresponding curriculum for this year's approach.
"We want to achieve something meaningful together," said group founder John Vachalek, CEO of Webolutions, "so this needs to be more than a networking group. We must engage with each other on meaningful levels, contribute to the overall knowledge pool on an ongoing basis and work toward a common goal. For us, that goal in 2013 will be a tangible social media strategy plan for each attending member business."
Cover sheets and the first set of internal pages for a physical binder were distributed at the meetup. These are also available on the group's meetup site, which serves as its online hub.
Group members who commit to monthly attendance will receive additional handouts, as well as the irreplaceable benefit of the first-hand presentations and conversations as comments are delivered and reactions are shared among professional business executives and social media marketers. Group members who missed the January meetup can receive them at the February 15 event which focuses on Developing, Communicating & Understanding Your Brand Experience on Social Media.
"To complete the marketing plan," said Vachalek, "members must attend all meetings. One of our group members is a doctor who is scheduling her appointments so she can attend all of our meetings this year. We firmly believe achieving an important goal that will help your business requires that level of organization and commitment."
Responding to member requests, organizers have also offered to conduct a workshop in April. "The group presentation is approaching more of a seminar model," said Vachalek, "so if there's enough interest in drilling down to the next level, we'll get deeper into the hands-on. It will be an organized extension of our curriculum and Tips Groups." While there is no cost to attend the monthly meetings, a fee of $49.99 per person was suggested for attendance at the workshop.
The first installment of the 2013 curriculum was Understanding the Mechanics of a Social Media Marketing Communications Plan. A few tweets from the event:
- @mikehanbery: Heard @johnvac call my name @ #smgdenver this AM during preso. Couldn't respond b/c I was tweeting w/ 4 other people in the same room...
- @debdrive: Inbound links explained -- good questions coming in, getting great answers @TipsSocial #smgdenver
- @tipssocial: 3rd step in #SocialMedia content creation: choose what you'll be known for: topics, channels, schedule, etc. #smgdenver
- @coveybaker: #Smgdenver @TipsSocial here's how an Ad Agency Used a 'LinkedIn Bomb' to Land a New Client mashable.com/2013/01/14/ad-… via @mashable
Video courtesy of Conversation Starters Public Relations.
Anyone can connect with the group on Facebook or on Twitter. Tweets tagged with #SMGDenver are inserted into the online conversation and generate retweets from group members.
Comments about the group include:
- "Excellent information given today. I look forward to working with this group and building my business through social media." - Jeffrey A.
- "Very valuable information. Helpful thoughts about the foundation of a marketing plan in a sea of social media options. Many great tips. Excellent presentation. Compact and effective." - Susie O.
- "Great tips and dynamic, interactive presentation. Looking forward to the monthly series." - Laura B.
Social Marketing for Business - Join the Conversation! is, by any measure, one of the top social media for business groups in the world and by far the largest and most active in the Rocky Mountain region. The next chapter for the social media marketing strategic plan will be Friday, February 15, 2013, at the South Metro Denver Chamber. The topic is Developing, Communicating & Understanding Your Brand Experience on Social Media.
Seating and space are limited so RSVP's are requested on the group's Meetup site. Breakfast is provided by My Favorite Muffin and Peet's Coffee SouthGlenn.
Posted in Social Marketing »
1 Response to "Denver Social Media for Business Group Sets Goals, Curriculum for 2013"
02/09/2013 1:04:26 PM
I missed the January meeting so I am so pleased to have this video to see the meeting. Now I am up to date for 2013 and I will see you at the February meeting.