- 12.5.13 - Content Marketing Strategies & Ping Pong – How Do They Relate?
- 12.5.13 - Webolutions Analytics: Client & Visitor Segmentation
- 12.5.13 - Current Marketing Trends – Increasing Sales via Email Urgency
- 12.5.13 - Experiential Marketing: What does your holiday card say about your business?
- 12.5.13 - Denver Search Engine Marketing – What is Google Trends?
- December 2013 (6)
- November 2013 (6)
- October 2013 (6)
- September 2013 (5)
- August 2013 (3)
- July 2013 (9)
- June 2013 (6)
- May 2013 (6)
- April 2013 (5)
- March 2013 (8)
- February 2013 (6)
- January 2013 (7)
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (7)
- October 2012 (5)
- September 2012 (8)
- August 2012 (6)
- July 2012 (7)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (5)
- April 2012 (10)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (6)
- January 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (4)
- November 2011 (5)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (4)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (3)
- June 2011 (6)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (6)
- March 2011 (6)
- February 2011 (5)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (4)
- November 2010 (9)
- October 2010 (2)
- September 2010 (2)
- August 2010 (2)
- July 2010 (6)
- April 2010 (4)
- March 2010 (9)
- February 2010 (3)
- January 2010 (1)
- December 2009 (5)
- November 2009 (5)
- October 2009 (1)
- September 2009 (7)
- August 2009 (7)
- July 2009 (4)
- May 2009 (3)
- April 2009 (4)
- August 2008 (1)
- November 2007 (1)
- October 2007 (3)
Denver Social Marketing for Business Group Shares 2013 Strategy Plan Elements
Mike Hanbery - 12.13.2012 3:00 PM
Denver’s premier social media marketing for business group, Social Marketing for Business – Join the Conversation!, focused its December discussion on plans to generate social media marketing ROI for 2013.
Video courtesy of Conversation Starters Public Relations
Business owners and social media managers in the group identified their goals for the social media channel including:
- Establishing the brand as a thought leader
- Educating current and prospective clients
- Proliferation of blog content
Tactics that businesses intend to use include:
- Incorporating keywords into social media assets and content
- Using timely content, including news events, holidays and legal developments
- The use of social media dashboards like HootSuite to provide the ability for businesses to schedule posts and tweets in advance and monitor multiple channels from a single screen.
The emerging blend of search and social was discussed as was, at some length, Google+.
Comments on Google+ included developments Google is taking to ensure comments are more authentic. Google Hangouts were also mentioned as a recommended communications tool. A presence on the network was recommended because even though engagement remains low, posts to the network are indexed immediately by Google.
As has become its custom over three years, the group coordinated and executed a promotional gift exchange. Member businesses provided nearly $2,000 in gift items. These included:
- A birthday party and kickboxing classes from ATA Family Martial Arts Centennial
- A gift card, Jack Black King of the Road Travel Pack and Paco Rabanne cologne from GQ Barber Lounge
- A beautiful poinsettia plant from Creek Side Gardens
- Oil change certificates from Brakes Plus
- A free round of golf from Lone Tree Golf Club & Hotel
- Golf Passports from Colorado AvidGolfer
- One year of online access to business employment online resources from HRPlusInc.com
- Additional gifts were provided by Tom Schippert Communications, Experience Pros, MonkeyBusiness Burritos, KC Keefer Photography & Video , Frame de Art, the South Metro Denver Chamber and Webolutions
Comments about the De cember 7th meetup included:
"As always, learned some things and came away with a couple of ideas I can start using right now!" - Connie D.
"Inspiring. Happy to be part of this group! This was my first meeting but definitely won't be my last." - Kate S.
With nearly 1,300 online members and an average attendance of over 60 people per month, in 2012 the group grew by 27.5 percent and is now the largest Meetup in the world focused on Generating ROI from Social Media Marketing. It is also the:
- 14th largest Business and Social Networking Meetup in the world, the 12th largest in the US and by far the largest in Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region.
- Top 40 in the world for Social Media Marketing.
There is never a cost to attend and the entire business community is welcome. Attendees enjoy breakfast treats from My Favorite Muffin and Peet’s Coffee SouthGlenn. Meetups are held the third Friday of every month at the South Metro Denver Chamber.
Organizers have constructed the 2013 calendar to address the fundamental components of a social media marketing strategy plan and include member feedback on desired content.
Upcoming events include:
- Friday, January 18, 2013: Understanding the Mechanics of a Social Media Marketing Communications Plan
- Friday, February 15, 2013: Developing, Communicating and Understanding Your Brand Experience Online
- Friday, March 15, 2013: Legal and Copyright Considerations of Social Media Marketing
Posted in Social Marketing »
2 Responses to "Denver Social Marketing for Business Group Shares 2013 Strategy Plan Elements"
12/21/2012 8:52:05 AM
Thank you for this presentation! Such a great group of dynamic individuals who are willing and eager to share their knowledge!
12/27/2012 6:17:38 AM
Jessica, we're glad you found the time to be well-spent. Hope you join us again in January!